1. The language which has recently become the defacto standard for interfacing application programs with relational database system is
2. The way a particular application views the data from the database that the application uses is a
- relational model.
- sub schema
3. In an E-R diagram an entity set is represent by a
- diamond box.
4. A report generator is used to
- update files.
- print files on paper
- data entry
- delete files
5. The property / properties of a database is / are :
- It is an integrated collection of logically related records.
- It consolidates separate files into a common pool of data records.
- Data stored in a database is independent of the application programs using it.
- All of the above.
6. The DBMS language component which can be embedded in a program is
- The data definition language (DDL).
- The data manipulation language (DML).
- The database administrator (DBA).
- A query language
7. A relational database developer refers to a record as
- a criteria
- a relation
- a tuple
- an attribute
8. The relational model feature is that there
- is no need for primary key data.
- is much more data independence than some other database models
- are explicit relationships among records.
- are tables with many dimensions.
9. Conceptual design
- is a documentation technique.
- needs data volume and processing frequencies to determine the size of the database.
- involves modelling independent of the DBMS.
- is designing the relational model.
10. The method in which records are physically stored in a specified order according to a key field in each record is
- all of the above