1. A subschema expresses
- the logical view.
- the physical view.
- the external view.
- all of the above
2. Count function in SQL returns the number of
- distinct values.
3. Which one of the following statements is false?
- The data dictionary is normally maintained by the database administrator.
- Data elements in the database can be modified by changing the data dictionary.
- The data dictionary contains the name and description of each data element.
- The data dictionary is a tool used exclusively by the database administrator.
4. An advantage of the database management approach is
- data is dependent on programs.
- data redundancy increases.
- data is integrated and can be accessed by multiple programs
5. A DBMS query language is designed to
- support end users who use English-like commands
- support in the development of complex applications software.
- specify the structure of a database.
- all of the above.
6. TrAnsaction processing is associated with everything below except
- producing detail, summary, or exception reports.
- recording a business activity.
- confirming an action or triggering a response.
- maintaining data.
7. It is possible to define a schema completely using
- VDL and DDL.
- DDL and DML.
- SDL and DDL.
- VDL and DML.
8. The method of access which uses key trAnsformation is known as
9. Data independence meAns
- data is defined separately and not included in programs.
- programs are not dependent on the physical attributes of data.
- programs are not dependent on the logical attributes of data
- both (B) and (C).
10. The statement in SQL which allows to change the definition of a table is