1. What is thrashing?
- A high paging activity is called thrashing.
- A high executing activity is called thrashing
- A extremely long process is called thrashing
- A extremely long virtual memory is called thrashing
2. Symptoms of swap-file problems include extremely slow system speed and a disk that is constantly being accessed, which is referred to as ______________.
3. What hole will allocates in “Worst-Fit” algorithm of memory management?
- It allocates the smaller hole than required memory hole
- It allocates the smallest hole from the available memory holes
- It allocates the largest hole from the available memory holes
- It allocates the exact same size memory hole
4. Which of the following is the allocation method of a disk space?
- Contiguous allocation
- Linked allocation
- Indexed allocation
- All of the Above
5. Which of the following concept is best to preventing page faults?
- The working set
- Hit ratios
- Address location resolution
6. Poor response time are usually caused by
- Process busy
- High I/O rates
- High paging rate
- Any of the above
7. Virtual memory typically located on
- Flash card
- Hard drive
8. What is contained in the page table?
- Base address of each frame and corresponding page number
- Memory address and corresponding page number
- File name and corresponding page number
- None of Above
9. Tree structure displays the
- File only
- Directory only
- File and directory name
- None of above
10. Multiprogramming systems:
- Are easier to develop than single programming systems
- Execute each job faster
- Execute more jobs in the same time period
- Are used only one large mainframe computers.