1. What are the responsibilities of Transport Layer?
The Transport Layer is responsible for source-to-destination delivery of the entire
a. Service-point Addressing
b. Segmentation and reassembly
c. Connection Control
d. Flow Control
e. Error Control
2. Define Congestion
It will occur if the number of packets sent to the network is greater than the Capacity
of the network.
3. What do you mean by Congestion control?
It is a mechanism and technique to control the congestion
4. What are the types of congestion control?
There are two types of congestion control
- Open loop congestion control
- Closed loop congestion control
5. What are the two factors that measure network performance?
The two factors that measure network performance are
6. Compare Open loop Congestion Control & Closed loop congestion control
In Open loop congestion control, policies are applied to prevent congestion before it happens.
In Closed loop congestion control, policies are applied to reduce congestion after it happens.
7. What is meant by quality of service?
The quality of service defines a set of attributes related to the performance of the is connection. For each connection, the user can request a particular attribute each service class associated with a set of attributes.
8. What do you mean by TCP?
TCP guarantees the reliable, in order delivery of a stream of bytes. It is a full-duplex protocol, meaning that each TCP connection supports a pair of byte streams, one flowing in each direction.
9. Explain the three types of addresses in TCP/IP?
Three types of addresses are used by systems using the TCP/IP protocol: the physical address, the internetwork address (IP address), and the port address
10. What are the flow characteristics related to QOS?
The flow characteristics related to QOS are
11. What are the techniques to improve QOS?
The techniques to improve QOS are
- Traffic shaping
- Resource reservation
- Admission control
12. Define Socket address
The combination of IP address and port address is called Socket address
13. What are the two types of protocols used in Transport layer?
The two types of protocols used in Transport layer are
It is defines as a number of packets passing through the network in a unit of time
User datagram protocol is a Unreliable, connectionless protocol, used along with the IP protocol
16.What is the need of port numbers?
Port numbers are used as a addressing mechanism in transport layer
17. What are the types of port numbers used in transport layer?
- Well-known port
- Registered port
- Dynamic port
18. Why TCP services are called Stream delivery services?
TCP allows the sending process to deliver data as a stream of bytes and the receiving process to deliver data as a stream of bytes. so it is called as stream of bytes.
19 .Define jitter
It is the variation in delay for packets belonging to same flow .
20. Compare connectionless service & connection oriented service
In connection less service there is no connection between transmitter & receiver Ex: TCP
In connection oriented service there is a connection between transmitter & receiver Ex: UDP