- The IEEE 802.11 standard for wireless LANs defines two services: basic service set (BSS) and extended service set (ESS).
- The access method used in the distributed coordination function (OCF) MAC sublayer is CSMAICA.
- The access method used in the point coordination function (PCF) MAC sublayer is polling.
- The network allocation vector (NAV) is a timer used for collision avoidance.
- The MAC layer frame has nine fields. The addressing mechanism can include up to four addresses.
- Wireless LANs use management frames, control frames, and data frames.
- IEEE 802.11 defines several physical layers, with different data rates and modulating
- Bluetooth is a wireless LAN technology that connects devices (called gadgets) in a
- A Bluetooth network is called a piconet. Multiple piconets fonn a network called a
- A Bluetooth network consists of one primary device and up to seven secondary