Here in this section of Operating System Long Questions and Answers,We have listed out some of the important Long Questions with Answers on Optimal Page Replacement Algorithm which will help students to answer it correctly in their University Written Exam.
Lists of Long Descriptive type Questions that may be asked in Written Exams.
- (1) Explain Optimal Page Replacement Algorithm
Question-1 Explain Optimal Page Replacement Algorithm
Optimal Page Replacement Algorithm
- The moment a page fault occurs, some set of pages will be in the memory.
- One of these pages will be referenced on the very next instruction.
- Other pages may not be referenced until 10, 100, or perhaps 1000 instructions later.
- Each page can be labeled with the number of instructions that will be executed before that page is first referenced.
- The optimal page algorithm simply says that the page with the highest label should be removed.
- The only problem with this algorithm is that it is unrealizable.
- At the time of the page fault, the operating system has no way of knowing when each of the pages will be referenced next.
You may be interested in:
Operating System Short Descriptive Questions and Answers
Operating System Multiple Choice Questions Answers (MCQs)
Windows Operating System Online Tests
Linux Operating System Online Tests